Breast Cancer Awareness Month
What is Breast Cancer?
- A tumor that is cancerous within the cells of breast tissue and surrounding areas.
Facts About Breast Cancer in the United States
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast Cancer is the most common cancer among women.
- Breast Cancer is the second largest leading cause of cancer deaths in women.
- Within the US, over 246,000 women will be diagnosed with Breast Cancer each year.
- Although rare, and estimated 2,600 men will be diagnosed with Breast Cancer, and 440 will die.
- Every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer, and every 13 minutes a woman will die.
- There are over 2.8 million Breast Cancer survivors living in the United States.
- Family History
- Personal Health History
- Menstrual and Reproductive History
- Certain Genome Changes
- Dense Breast Tissue
AVOIDABLE RISK FACTORS:
Combined Hormone Replacement Therapy
Lack of Physical Activity
Poor Diet- Being Overweight or Obese
Radiation to the Chest
AT HOME BREAST EXAM: